All users of the Internet are expected to use this library resource in a responsible and courteous manner, consistent with the purposes for which it is provided, and to follow all Internet-related rules, regulations, and procedures established for its use, including, but not limited to, those of the library. Responsible, courteous use of the Internet requires that patrons do the following:
1. Understand that the Internet, like all of the library’s information sources, must be shared and used in a manner which respects the rights of others and avoids activities that prevent others from using it.
2. Use the library’s Internet resources for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only.
3. Do not use the Internet in an illegal or unethical way, such as hacking (unauthorized breaking into or out of any system).
4. Respect the privacy of others by not misrepresenting oneself as another user; by not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others; and by not seeking disallowed access to any computer system via the Internet.
5. Do not introduce computer worms, viruses, or chain letters. 6. Do not transmit threatening , harassing, or abusive language and/or images.